Loft Conversions Plymouth
Loft Conversions Plymouth
Are you looking for a professional, reputable company who will treat your project, family, and home with respect and who will have satisfaction as their immediate priority? Then look no further.
Plymouth Builders have the expertise to ensure that your project is completed on time. If you want to increase your space, it’s much cheaper to convert your space than moving out. As a company, we can maximise your living space by converting your loft to create a spacious bedroom, storage area, office, and bathroom. We can also add an additional sitting room, an en suite, and a roof terrace or whatever you need for your family.
Our unique way of working means that we will do this with no mess and little inconvenience for you and your family. Having operated for long, we not only value our clients but we also value their visions. We also have an efficient team of workers including qualified architectures and vetted builders. This means throughout the conversion process, you will only deal with one point of contact. We are proud of being the leading company when it comes to loft conversions, garage conversions, house conversions and barn conversions. We not only deliver the project on time but on a budget as well. By being organised and neat, we will ensure that the process does not affect your daily life.
Call Now for The Best Conversion Prices! 01752 905030
When converting your loft, we offer two types of services namely a complete loft and part loft. Under a complete loft, we provide all the services. We ensure that we discuss what should be done before giving you the best advice. In fact, if we think that loft conversion is not the best idea we do not hesitate to tell you. On the contrary, on part loft service we carry out all the structural work on the floors, stairs, windows, walls, and support roof and leave you the carcass for you to insulate and plaster.
Call us on 01752 905030 for a no obligation survey on your property or fill in the form on this page.
Improve your living.
Increase the value of your property.
Looking for Loft conversion companies in Plymouth or even a Barn Conversion?
Typically there are usually to major way to convert a loft.
· Dormer conversion- In this type of conversion, dormers may be built to extend the roof thereby creating extra space inside. Dormers may come in different shapes and designs including pitched and flats and even vary in dimensions.
· Velux conversion- In this type of conversion, an accommodation is created in the existing space while the roof remains in the same space. We use Velux roof windows on the existing roof design to give ventilation and natural light.
How we work
Once you contact us, you do not need to worry that work will go on forever. After commencing the work, the process will take as little as 6 weeks before the work can get approval from the authorities. This means you can start furnishing your room as soon as you can. Also, we will ensure that we do not disrupt your day to day activities by taking most of the materials that we use through scaffolding. Interestingly, you may not even need a planning permission. We will take care of everything and within a short time, you will have that guest room, master bedroom, or office that you have always yearned for.
The working procedure
1. Feasibility and requirement- Once you have reached us we will plan for a free visit find out what you need, discuss the requirements, and look at some of the best solutions to offer you. We will also calculate the space and the size of your loft including the stairs. By doing this, we will give you a rough estimate of what’s needed.
2. Quotation- After our initial visit, and having a rough idea of the estimate, we will prepare a written quote and sample design of what we will do. We can then arrange for a second free visit to make sure that you are conversant with all the choices you made such as approval cost per square meter, floor plan, guidelines and how much it will cost.
3. Architecture and design- If you are satisfied with the draft design and the quote, you will be required to pay a 10% deposit. We will then make an arrangement with our qualified architects to visit your home and do quantity survey. This is very helpful in preparing a building control or planning permission drawings. You will also be given a file that contains all package details.
4. Regulations- Once you are satisfied and have signed your drawings we will send them to the authorities for approval without any restrictions. Note we are the ones who do this.
5. Beginning the work- After receiving an approval from them we will set a date with you so that we can start the work. Before beginning the work, we will introduce you to the team who will erect a storage and work platform. We will also make your neighbors aware of what is taking place.
6. Construction work- Depending on the size of the loft construction, work can take between 3 to 4 weeks
7. Staircase and plaster finish- Any important changes to the new flooring are, therefore, build to accommodate your new staircase. We will then fit your new staircase with all new rooms and even have them plastered well. After drying out, we will carry out the final fittings.
8. Inspection-Later on, the control officer from the local authorities will inspect them work and report back his findings before the completed project can be signed by the council.
Apart from loft conversion, we can also help you transform your garage or barn into a family gym, guest room, extra living room or bedroom, kitchen dinner extension, office, games room, and home theater. You can also use it for storage. Whether you are living in a bungalow or in a semi detached house, converting and renovating garage makes a lot of sense since you already have the walls and a foundation. As compared to house extensions, it’s way much cheaper. However, if you do it unprofessionally, it’s risky and could cost you more. Thankfully at Plymouth Builders we are there to ensure that the work is done in the best way possible.
Since we offer a free consultation for our services, you can contact us today to get a free advice.